Whether you're a first time iPhone owner or a veteran, we all love finding new apps - here are some of my faves:
- TeuxDeux: I have been long obsessed with the web version of this app - it's a clean and simple list making tool that allows you to organize tasks by day, as well as long term. The awesome part is that it connects with the web version to give you instant access to your to do list wherever you are. Love. it.
- GPS Plus: One area where Android wins is the GPS feature - I was totally hooked on having voice navigation and the Maps app doesn't cut it for me when I'm driving. I'm a big fan of this app and think it's well worth the $10 for a year's subscription.
- CamScanner: Scan anything and send via email with the press of a button. This app is awesome for avoiding the dreaded fax machine (seriously, why do we still have those?)
- Spotify: Another one that connects with the desktop version to allow access to your playlists or pretty much any song in the world on the go. The mobile version of Spotify is $10/month, which does add up but I love it for having access to my music for running (I use an armband for my phone).
- MapMyRUN: Speaking of running, this is my app of choice. Tracks your distance, pace, splits and all that jazz - I particularly like the nice lady who tells me when I've finished each mile and how I'm doing on tiime.
- Uber: Get a black towncar or taxi within minutes and without having to exchange any cash. Uber lets you track where your car/cab is, texts you when it has arrived and emails you your receipt immediately. Totally awesome and great for those times when you just can't find a cab (or don't feel like it).
- Ride the L: A great mass transit app (I've also used versions for the Metra and NJ Transit) that allows you to find nearby stations and track estimated arrival times.
- Best Parking: Never aimlessly drive around looking for a parking garage again! This app uses your phone's GPS to tell you where there are nearby garages, as well as their cost.
- imo Messenger: gChat addicts, this one's for you. Best chat app I've found that keeps you signed in and doesn't have a lag in message notifications.