Hi, I'm Christie Jones and I write a blog called bedsidesign. I love writing, I love sharing, and I love design. Like so many other creative people, I often think of the best things when I’m laying in bed, hence bedside+design. When I’m not scouring Pinterest, avidly digesting other design blogs, or playing piano, I work for a letterpress printing company. I live in Syracuse, NY with my husband Ian, a photographer. I love my city because everywhere I look there’s design in unusual places. I think beauty and design are often hidden in plain sight, so I try to discover the little details everywhere and share them on my blog. Bedsidesign is a place to find inspiration from colors, patterns, typography, music, DIYs, and home interiors.
1. My favorite place in Syracuse is in an area downtown called Armory Square. Old brick buildings are being revitalized. There are a handful of cafes, amazing restaurants likeBC Restaurant [a must for any foodie visiting Syracuse] and Empire Brewing Co. The bars are great, including Al's Wine and Whiskey Lounge [open 365 days]. With a 4 floor Urban Outfitters, and a local shop called Sound Garden for all of your music/movie/record needs it is a great shopping location.
2. Craft Chemistry is a new to me favorite place. A local boutique that carries handmade and crafty items. It's a great place to get inspired and lost in a whimsical/vintage land.
3. Roji Tea Lounge is the perfect spot to go to for bubble tea on a late night. The relaxed vibe is great for studying or spending time with friends.
4. Alto Cinco pulls in an eclectic crowd by being in an area called Wescott [near the university]. This mexican restaurant is one of my favorite places to eat at because their jerk chicken quesadilla is unreal and it's paired with fresh mango salsa.
5. The state fair takes place in Syracuse! It is a great way to end the summer and have some fun!