We’re continuing to make our way around Chicago to gather neighborhood favorites from the perspective of the ultimate local – a neighborhood resident themselves! In case you’ve missed past editions, we’ve been to Old Town, Lincoln park, Wicker Park & Streeterville and this month we’re heading up north to Lakeview. Fellow Chicago blogger and friend, Monica of Caravan of Style is sharing her favorite spots in her ‘hood:
Growing up in Michigan, I spent many long weeks growing up visit the big city of Chicago. A few years later I ended up moving to the Lakeview are and two years later I’m stilling loving everything about my little neighborhood. To me, Lakeview has always been a little neighborhood that welcomes everyone, is constantly changing, and in general is just fun. I’ve rounded up a few of my favorite spots that you must check out the next time your in my ‘hood:
Ladies Who Brunch:
- Southport Grocer & Cafe // This place will always be my first love as it was the very first place I ate brunch at on my first ever visit to Chicago. This place is small so there is always a long wait, but it is well worth it. My top picks: the bread pudding pancakes & the grown-up pop tart!
- Kanela Breakfast Club // This new kid on the block has definitely made it to the top of my list. I love the greek influenced brunch items that much of the time is organic and locally sourced. Their brunch cocktails are to die for and the drink menu is always changing. My top picks: Salmon Eggs Benedict & The Red Velvet French Toast
- Dollop Coffee Co. // This local coffee shop has one of the coolest vibes ever. It’s one of those places I love to hang out in when I just want to chill out and relax. They also make an amazing hazelnut latte.
- Heritage Bicycles General Store // For those of you who bike around the city, Heritage is a great place to get your bike fixed or hangout and meet up with fellow bikers. I for one come here every Sunday for their cold brew coffee – delicious!
Shop ’Til You Drop:
- M2 Boutique // This local Chicago boutique is a “must stop in” after your brunch at Southport Grocer & Cafe. M2 has an amazing selection of jewelry, accessories, and even a section dedicated to your guy. I’m constantly in here picking up jewelry from local designers.
- Nevermind // This women’s boutique has been my go to place when I’m in need of a cute dress on short notice. This trendy boutique has something for everyone and I promise you’ll find something amazing to wear the next time to stop in.
For Someone Special:
- Inkling // This little shop is one of my favorite places to grab a gift for just about anyone. They specialize in carrying items from local artisans and designers making your purchase truly unique.
- Foursided // Looking for a unique item for that special friend? You’ll probably end up finding it at Foursided. They have an amazing selection of unique vintage itemsand adorable hand made cards.
- Goldplaited // Sometimes a girl deserves a little extra TLC and Goldplaited is my go to blow out bar. From their blow outs to their braid bar, I guarantee that you’ll leave this place feeling like Superwoman.
- Hi-Way Nails // It seem like there is a nail salon on just about every corner of Chicago, however not all of them are the same. As someone that is a self proclaimed nail snob, I’m very picky about where I get my nails done. This place has been my go to for the past few years and trust me when I say they do an amazing job.
- DryHop Brewers // This brand new brew pub just opened up right near my place and has already become a favorite bar for everyone in the neighborhood. Dryhop makes many of their own beers that range from dark to girly. My favorite is the grapefruit beer – around for a limited time only!
- Pastoral // For those of you that prefer a nice glass of wine with a artisan cheese plate, I recommend this place. A great place to meet the girls after work or for an intimate date night, this place has some of the best wine & cheese pairings in all of Chicago.
Date Night Dinner:
- Tango Sur // Tango Sur is just a mouthwatering experience all around. This BYOB Argentinean steak house is great place to celebrate a special night out. I highly recommend the flan at the end of the night!
- Bulerias Tapas // Chicago introduced me to the lovely Spanish tradition of tapas and this place has some amazing dishes. I use to stop by this place for a few bacon wrapped dates at least once every few days. A great place to catch up with your girlfriends over a pitcher of sangria & bacon covered anything.
- Bobtail Ice Cream // This ice cream shop has been around for an impressive 10 years and boasts some delicious flavors. Stop by and grab a scoop of my favorite flavor, the Lakeview Barhopper (dutch cocoa with jack daniels) #nomnom
- Paciugo // If you’ve ever been to Italy and missed the deliciously fresh flavors of italian gelato, you will love this place. Paciguo’s is a authentic italian gelato bar and caffe that is the perfect way to end your day.
Just For Fun:
- The Kit Kat Lounge // trust me – just go!
Do you have any Lakeview spots that you love? Have you checked out any of the spots on Monica’s list yet?