Rise and shine, it’s time to ditch the morning dread! Whether you’re a morning person or not, there’s no escaping ‘em. So, instead of hitting that snooze button, you should be focusing on the little ways to make your mornings better. Here are a few simple ways to upgrade your morning routine:
1. Sweat it out: Getting a morning workout in is one of the best ways to get you awake, alert and ready to tackle the day ahead. Struggling with the early alarm clock? Force the habit by signing up for a group fitness class or scheduling a run with a friend to hold yourself accountable. Prep your gym bag the night before to make it quick and easy to get out the door and hit the gym.
2. Hydrate: Feeling sluggish? You might actually be dehydrated! Drink lots of water to help combat early morning dehydration. Looking for a new way to drink up? Try sipping on a glass of hot water with lemon right after you wake up — for a refreshing twist!
3. Fresh air: A little fresh air can work wonders for helping us feel both alert and refreshed,
which is the ultimate way to get your day started! Live near the office? Try biking to work a
few days a week instead of driving. Have a dog? Both you and fido will benefit from a 15 to 30-minute walk in the morning.
4. Plan your day: Help yourself focus by setting time aside to plan and prep for the day
ahead. Make a clear list of things to tackle, highlighting your key priorities so you’re able to
easily see where you should be dedicating the most of your time.
5. Breakfast upgrade: It’s time to put an end to skipping breakfast or chowing down on
something that you don’t love. Oatmeal has officially gone greek with the newest thing to hit the yogurt aisle: Yoplait Plenti Oatmeal Meets Greek Yogurt. It blends the texture
and goodness of oatmeal with the cool creaminess of Greek yogurt and is a good source of protein and has 16 grams of whole grains.* It’s easy to grab and go straight from the fridge and when paired with your favorite fruit, it’s a complete breakfast that’s perfect for the weekday.
What’s your favorite fruit that you would pair with Plenti Greek Yogurt to kick your morning off right?
*At least 48 grams whole grain recommended daily.