// recipe adapted from Pineapple & Coconut
I’ve been on a little cooking kick lately after slacking off for way too long. It feels really good to be back in the kitchen creating meals for myself and as a result, I’ve been spending a lot less money and generally feeling better about my diet. Last week a miraculous thing occurred – I was home from work AND had dinner prepped and in the oven before 6 PM (this never happens and to be honest, it may never again but it was awesome!). And the end product? This delicious oven roasted Lemon Chicken with Artichoke and Olives.
- 1 1/2 lbs. of bone-in chicken thighs
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 1/2 tsp. of basil
- 1/2 tsp. of oregano
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 14 oz. can of artichoke hearts, drained and halved
- 1/2 c. pitted kalamata olives, drained
- red onion, sliced thin (I used about 1/3 of a large onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 c. chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp. butter, cut into chunks
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line a casserole dish with some of the lemon slices, onion and garlic
- Place chicken on top of lemon, onion and garlic – season with salt, basil, pepper and oregano.
- Top with artichokes and remaining onion slices, tucking some in between the pieces of chicken in the dish. Top with olives.
- Pour lemon juice and chicken broth over everything and sprinkle butter pieces on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes (cooking times will vary based on the thickness of your chicken – make sure you slice it open or take an internal temperature to determine if it’s cooked through)