During my trip to Scandinavia I was embarrassingly stopped at security on my way out of Copenhagen for having way too many liquids in my carry on (but all under 3 oz! It was confusing). While I tried to explain myself out of the situation in a desperate attempt to avoid having to check my bag or throw away any products, I may have uttered “I’m American! I have a very involved skincare routine!” which did me no good and caused me to immediately reevaluate what products made the cut for travel moving forward to avoid any further security commotion. With my trip to Tulum coming up I’ve done some serious simplifying and wanted to share my top 5 products that I never travel without:
1. Dove Advanced Care Deodorant: I’m one of those people who sweats all the time (gross, I know) and with the unpredictable temperatures and stress of travel, a good deodorant is a must. I recently made the switch to Dove Advanced Care Antiperspirant and it’s been a game changer for keeping me dry with 48 hour protection, while also having the skincare benefits of Dove ¼ moisturizers and NutriumMoisture (my favorite body wash!) for softer, smoother underarms. I’m also all about coconut scented anything so I love the light coconut smell which will be right at home at the beach in Tulum.
2. Facial Cleansing Wipes: Eva Chen once mentioned that she never flies wearing makeup and I immediately followed suit and stash a pack of facial cleansing wipes in my purse to take my makeup off pre-flight and give my skin some time to breathe. I love any gentle cleansing wipe that I can use on both my face and eyes and typically will use 2 wipes to get everything off and leave my face super clean, and then follow up with another quick wipe after landing on long flights or redeyes.
3. Hydrating Night Moisturizer + Eye Cream: Day or night, flying is always super drying on your skin so I like to apply a hydrating night moisturizer and eye cream after removing my makeup to give a nice dose of moisture while I’m stuck in the dry airplane air (and don’t forget to drink tons of water too!).
4. Calming Sheet Masks: I love my masking routine and sheet masks are the absolute easiest to pack and bring along with you on a trip. I’ll typically do a calming mask right after my flight as I’m getting settled in at my hotel and then follow up with a moisturizing mask the night before my flight home to help prep my skin for the plane.
5. Lip Balm: Have I talked enough about hydration yet?! I can’t go anywhere without lip balm and I’ve taken to stashing a tube in every purse I own (and an extra in my makeup bag) since they get lost so easily. After getting settled in on the plane I always apply a generous coat before settling in to either GSD or catch some sleep during the flight and lately I’ve been gravitating toward multi-purpose salves that are also great on cuticles as well.
What are some of your travel beauty essentials?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.