11 Things (On Sale) That I Wear All The Damn Time.
While I haven’t actually read Marie Kondo’s book or watched a single episode of her Netflix series, I’ve done some serious purging over the past year with a cross-country move and settling into an apartment with petite storage space (to put it nicely). So basically, if it’s not sparking joy, there’s no room for it in my life.
This has majorly come into play with my wardrobe – I’ve felt all around much more inspired on the fashion front since moving to New York, but also realized the beauty of simplicity and routine when it comes to looking and feeling good. I dabbled with Rent The Runway Unlimted for a few months and had a lot of fun playing dress up but ultimately paused my account for a bit to see if I could instead focus on adding a few wardrobe of workhorses to my closet that I enjoy wearing and can get a lot of wear out of.
So alas, here are 11 things I wear all the damn time and best of all… are currently on sale during Shopbop’s Buy More, Save More sale.
If you’ve never shopped at Shopbop before, they’ve really become my go to thanks to a well curated, but not overwhelming selection that mixes more affordable brands like Madewell and BB Dakota with higher end investment brands, super fast free shipping (they’re owned by Amazon!) and easy returns, plus the ability to save items to your own favorites list to keep tabs on what you love most on their site. Their Buy More, Save More sale is an awesome time to stock up on pieces you know you’re going to get a ton of wear out of, as it’s one of the rare chances to grab designer stuff at a great discount. The sale starts at 15% off everything, going up to 25% off orders over $800 AND can be used on sale items too!
- Stuart Weitzman Lowland Boots: Yes, these boots are fucking expensive. I’ll admit that they’re the most expensive thing I’ve ever bought as far as shoes/clothing/bags go but I wear them all the time and love them every. single. time. I put them on. I have them in black and wear them a ton with dresses and can even get away with winter bare legs because they’re really thic
- Madewell Everything: There is no exaggeration when I say that at least 50% of my wardrobe is from Madewell. Unlike their sister J. Crew, Madewell rarely has decent sales so I always grab a new pair of denim or outerwear whenever a sale opportunity arises. Their leather moto jacket has been one of my most worn items EVER and is a great mid-weight buttery leather that you can wear year round.
- Cocobelle Leather Sandals: Simple, well-made leather sandals are something you’ll be able to get several years worth of wear out of and I just recently discovered Cocobelle and they became instant favorites. I have this pair and have been able to pack them as my only pair of sandals for vacations, wearing them with everything from my swimsuit coverup for beach days, to dresses for dinner at a nice restaurant.
- AGOLDE Denim Shorts: I’ve never been a big fan of shorts (who really is?) and have always struggled to find a pair of denim shorts that was a reasonable length plus wasn’t skin tight on my thighs and butt, and ordered these shorts while getting ready for some warm weather travels, and they’re as perfect as can be. They fit really well and are somehow able to be both trendy and age appropriate and I already am planning on buying another pair of two to finally end my shorts search.
- Le Specs & Ray-Ban Sunglasses: After years of resisting I finally gave into buying “nice” sunglasses instead of the $10 cheapies I was grabbing in mass quantities and always bending/snapping the arms off of. Le Specs is a favorite for more affordable plastic frames that aren’t embarrassingly large (I have the Bandwagon and No Smirking silhouettes) while the Ray-Ban aviator is such a classic that you’ll want to wear forever.
- Nudwear Pasties: Immediately upon arriving in New York last summer I declared that I wanted to not wear a bra as often as possible, which was all well and good until I first sweat off a pasty during a night out (embarrassing). I ordered a new pair, claiming to be “waterproof” and damn, they did the trick – they’re super sticky and stay on, plus come in a great zip case for traveling.
- Hat Attack Cashmere Beanie: I went a bit psycho preparing for my first winter since living in California and ordered about a million beanies online to try and find one that looked decent on me (I’m not a hat person) and this one did the trick. It has just the right amount of slouch to look cool, but not enough to look sloppy or hipstery, plus it’s very cozy and warm.
- Levis Wedgie Jeans: While I’m mostly fiercely loyal to my Madewell denim, these jeans never fail to make me look cool, and get me about a million compliments. They don’t have any stretch to ’em, so I’d recommend sizing up, and you can just use scissors to trim the hem to get your perfect length.
- Loeffler Randall Isla Booties: These are previously the most expensive shoes I’ve ever own, until they lost their title to the Lowland boots. They’re comfortable as far as heels go, and have a unique silhouette with the pointed toe and angular, blocky heel. I wear them pretty much all year round, paired with cropped denim or dresses, either with bare legs or tights, and they’ve held up great.
- Dainty Everyday Gold Jewelry: I’m not very exciting when it comes to jewelry but wear my rotation of dainty gold pieces all day, every day (even in the shower or during workouts). Zoe Chicco, Adina Reyter and Chan Luu are some favorites for delicate rings and necklaces that you’ll never take off.
- Eberjey Pajamas & Robe: You know you’re getting old when you take the time, effort and money to upgrade your loungewear wardrobe. Eberjey has the softest, most comfortable pajama sets and robes, which also make great gifts because everybody loves a fancy pair of pajamas!